Getting ready to move into a dorm or an apartment near campus is exciting, but often daunting. The summer heat, crowded hallways, and lack of elevators don’t make it any easier! Use these ten tips to simplify your college move-in day.
1. Pick-up/Delivery – College room essentials include a mini-fridge and microwave. Use Takl to have these items picked up and delivered to the address you choose, whether that be having it delivered to your house ahead of the move, or straight to the college campus address.
2. Packing/loading – Need an extra set of hands to help get everything packed and loaded up? Moving services often consist strictly of loading, transporting, and unloading. What do you do when you just need help packing things into boxes or loading up the car? On Takl, you choose the moving chore that fits for you and only pay for what you need.
3. Local moving – Moving to a nearby school, but don’t have quite enough room in the car? No need to find a truck! A Provider can assist with off-site moving, too.
4. Unloading – When you arrive at the dorm or apartment, a Provider can help with unloading everything.
5. Assembly – Found a great desk, chair, or other piece of furniture at Target, T.J. Maxx, or another big box store? Book an assembly job to have it put together for you.
6. Rearranging furniture – There’s nothing like trying to configure your dorm room layout. What’s the best way to make the most of this small space? You thought you wanted bunk beds, but now your roommate prefers they be separate, meaning you’ve got to disconnect them and move them. This can get old really fast. A Provider can help get your room exactly how you want it.
7. Wi-fi/printer setup – When you’ve got a book report to print out ten minutes before class, the last thing you want is to run across campus to the library, log in to a computer, and wait forever for it to print. Takl your printer and wi-fi setup so you’re ready to print whenever you need.
8. Hang curtains – Those flimsy blinds that come standard on your bedroom window won’t keep the sun out when you need to sleep in on Saturday morning. Have blackout curtains hung to keep your room nice and dark when you need some shuteye.
9. Hourly help – Need help with several small jobs on move-in day? Find hourly help on Takl to knock out multiple chores in a single appointment.
10. Custom jobs – If you need help with something you don’t see listed in the app, or you want to bundle chores together, you can create a custom Takl job using the “Build Your Own Job” feature.
What’s the Takl advantage? Find over 400 pre-priced chores and small jobs right in the free mobile app. Know the price upfront, book with the push of a button, choose the time that works for you, then choose your background-checked Provider. It’s that fast and easy. Book your chore at Takl.com or in the free mobile app.